Happy New Year


When I came across this photo on the virtual home of one Urban Conjure Woman (writer Jamey Hatley), I knew I had to share it with you. Not only is it a choice piece of vintage photography in the spirit of Style Noir, it captures perfectly the fierce optimism that tends to swell at the start of every January. Jamey is standing in the middle, in front of her first car. Newly empowered, she was ready, willing, and able to get a move on. I hope you are, too.

Here's to a joyous and thrillingly productive new year! May it exceed your wildest expectations.

2 comments:

January 20, 2009 at 1:27 AM jamey said...

ha! i think i need to frame this snap to remind me of that sense of freedom. onward!

January 22, 2009 at 11:19 AM Style Noir said...

Yes, you should! It's such a brilliant photo! So classic!